Thursday, March 12, 2009

Springtime Craziness

Over the past few weeks I've been meaning to build on my first few posts as I slowly get this photography business up and going, but having a 11 week old daughter at home and working long hours at my day job lately has really set me back a little. I guess it doesn't help that my wife and I seem to fill every available weekend we have with trips out of town or other things.

Despite the overwhelming start to Spring that I'm having, there's no better time to be excited about my photography. The days will continue to grow longer giving us all more lighted time outdoors. We're already beginning to see the vibrant colors of blooming flowers here and there, as well as the return of lush greenery all over the ground and in the trees. All of this bodes well for new endeavor into my "natural light" photography.

In the next several weeks I should be increasing my activity on the blog to reflect everything that I will have going on from weddings to pregnancy shoots to kid photo sessions.

KIDS - SPRING/EASTER PHOTO SHOOT: I just wanted to announce that on April 4th, I am planning to do some mini-photo sessions for kids at Marietta Square beginning around 10am. The shoots will last about 20 mins, and the best part is I'm offering this for free. I will provide the photos I take on CD or online free of charge as well. The details are still being worked out, but if you're interested please email me or give me a ring @ (770)428-2248. I will have more info posted in the coming weeks.

WEDDINGS: We're about to experience 3 weddings in 3 different states all in 5 weeks beginning in April. I'm officially only the wedding photographer at one of these, which is my 84 year old grandfather's wedding on Mother's Day weekend. I will probably be sharing duties with my cousin, Chad, who's been a professional photographer for some time now. Since I've never actually shot any weddings, I'm dually excited about this event. We'll have family from as far away as California coming into town, and I can't wait to capture the day in photos. Beyond that, I've been asked to bring my camera and be the "unofficial" photographer at a friend's wedding in Tampa, so we'll see how that goes. I definitely don't want to step on anyone's toes or show up the main photographer. The last wedding is in Mobile, AL for another friend and I will either be taking plenty of photos or not many at all. :-)

PREGNANCY SHOOTS: I'll probably be doing a few of these in the next few weeks. Our good friends from Birmingham coming into town, and they are expecting in July. Also, my sister is expecting in July, so we'll probably schedule some time to due some photo sessions with her as well.


Sorry for the long post. Stay tuned and definitely give me a buzz or make a comment if you enjoy what you're seeing.
blog comments powered by Disqus